A comparison between artificial grass and real grass and the pros and cons of using it. Many people favour Artificial Grass since it is more convenient with modern busy lifestyles.
Artificial Grass is a very smart and suitable solution for your lawn and has several benefits that make it more convenient for the owner.
- Artificial Grass will always look aesthetically pleasing in all weathers. This is because the weather will not have a direct effect on the appearance of the turf.
- It is much more convenient for the owner because it will not require as much maintenance. It won’t need to be watered, fertilised or mowed.
- An Artificial Lawn would not require the use of a lawn mower to cut it which has been shown to be bad for the environment and potentially dangerous.
- The easy maintenance will benefit older users who might find it difficult to mow and maintain their lawn.
- People who might live away from home for long periods of time might consider Artificial Grass which will not grow like natural grass and so doesn’t require any maintenance from the owner.
- Artificial Grass will not need to be watered unlike natural grass. This will be better for the environment because it is reducing the water usage.
- Artificial Grass also can’t be dug up and spoilt by pets and will maintain a good look. This makes the turf ideal for use in places such as kennels. Also, the grass can’t be spoilt by mud patches.
- Overtime having Artificial Grass can work out to be cheaper to maintain. This is because natural grass requires fertiliser and needs to be watered frequently.
- The appearance of Artificial Grass has improved vastly over time and many higher end surfaces have a very convincing natural appearance.
- Artificial Grass could also be very beneficial to people with busy lifestyles because it requires little to no maintenance.
- Can be used regardless of the weather at the time. For example, in sport the weather will not delay players from using the turf.
- In the heat, Artificial Grass won’t die or become dehydrated like natural grass.
- Artificial Grass offers the customer a wide variety of colour and design which allows it to be more personalised for the customer.
- Artificial Grass when installed correctly will have good drainage when it rains and in many cases, will dry quicker compared to natural grass.
Many people believe that a natural lawn will be more green and environmentally friendly to maintain. However, this might not always be the case. “In 2009, the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality found that an hour of petrol powered lawn mowing produces as much pollution as four hours of driving a car”. Source: NationalGeographic.com
There are some cons with the use of Artificial Grass and these may put of many customers who instead would prefer natural grass.
- The production of Artificial Grass in some cases could be bad for the environment and cause pollution or waste. This will depend on the production methods a business uses. All our productions facilities use modern energy efficient machinery. The artificial grass is tufted on Cobble Tufting Machines which are produced in the United Kingdom, using yarn produced from world leading yarn producers and many produced in-house to ensure quality and environmental compliance. We conduct regular site inspections to ensure compliance along with the facilities in China being FIFA approved and rigorously inspected.
- Can be expensive to install if the quality of the Artificial Grass is of a good standard.
- Some keen gardeners like to look after and maintain their gardens and take pride in the way it looks. So, they might see Artificial Grass as cheating.
- Artificial Grass will take longer to install compared to natural grass due to the process of fitting it.
- Also, Artificial Grass will not have the natural smell that real grass will have which some people might see as a negative point along with enjoying cutting the lawn on a sunny Sunday afternoon.
For some a disadvantage with Artificial Grass is that it will not last for the time natural grass will. On average Artificial Grass is expected to have a lifespan of 7-15 years. This is still a long time and will provide the customer with many years of easy maintenance. However, some people will prefer natural grass because it will last longer but require regular maintenance.
If you are interested in a low maintenance garden this summer come down to our showroom and look at the selection of Artificial we have starting price at only £14.99 pm2